Introduced to the world about four decades ago in the form of EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) and EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer), ecommerce has come a long way, today becoming a way of life for millions around the world. According to current figures, ecommerce expenditure will touch $5 trillion by 2020, indicative of 13% of the total payment transactions. While it enjoys such explosive growth, ecommerce faces a few challenges on the way.
- Today, consumers are shopping on multiple channels and expect seamless switching amongst devices and between ‘real’ shops and virtual ones. This is especially true for younger consumers who constantly rely on mobile devices to facilitate the shopping experience.
- Customers also anticipate highly personalized and enjoyable shopping experiences.
- The need for safe and secure transactions is always a priority for online shoppers.
- For the above reasons, ecommerce traders need to put in place KPIs unique to their business needs and customer preferences.
- They need to monitor customer behavior and gather data; they also need to scrutinize third-party vendors.
SuiteCommerce by NetSuite:
A unique ecommerce solution that integrates your online business with your backend office systems, SuiteCommerce is the perfect partner for your ecommerce business.Being ecommerce pioneers, NetSuite has helped thousands of online businesses reach new heights and become successful by providing the following exceptional benefits:
1. Superior Shopping Experience:
- With SuiteCommerce’s unparalleled tools for capturing and analyzing customer information, you can provide your customer with a smooth, personalized and enjoyable shopping experience that encourages repeat business and brand loyalty.
- By integrating all information related to the customer, inventory, and orders, SuiteCommerce enables the effective engagement and retention of customers. With one integrated platform, it is easier to maintain all the data and analyze it for understanding customer behavior.
- The customer can move between multiple shopping channels –web, mobile app, in store – with all their preferences retained in the system. This information is valuable to the on-site sales representatives who can then tailor their pitches according to the individual customer.
- A reactive web designenables you to build a highly engaging online shopping experience that can be accessed equally easilyacross laptops, desktops, smartphonesand tablets. You'll have only one platform instead of maintaining multiple fragmented systems and user experiences.
2. Efficient Order Management:
- Working with SuiteCommerce, you have complete clarity and control over orders across all channels (POS, online, mobile, phone), which results in error-free and speedy order processing. This directly leads to better customer satisfaction and higher revenue.
- Increase collaboration between supply and distribution chains for higher responsiveness and a shorter time to market. Complete inventory visibility makes it possible for a customer to buy and receive at multiple sites/locations, providing a smooth, hassle-free shopping experience.
3. Customer Behavior Understanding
- With detailed purchasing and browsing behavior information at your fingertips, you get a complete bird’s eye view of the customer, enabling you to constantly offer individualized products and services to them. This helps in building repeat custom and generates a good ROI in the long run.
- Having a single, integrated communication and data center helps to deliver well-timed and relevant marketing promotions and messages to the customer throughout the lifecycle, making long-term engagement
- Detailed customer information also helps you segment them according to their purchase decisions and design further cross-sell and up-sell messages according to past interactions and transactions. It helps you making educated guesses about their spending behavior and target future marketing campaigns
4. Global Access:
- SuiteCommerce makes it easy to run a global business from a single platform by providing access to multiple languages, tax rates and regulations, currencies and policies, all at your fingertips.
- Creating and implementing multiple websites for different locations, languages and business models (B2B, B2C) is simplified and cost-effective due to SuiteCommerce’s unified platform.
Evidently, SuiteCommerce’s cloud-based solution combines the various aspects of ecommerce – order and inventory management, customer service, delivery, financials, marketing, etc.– on a single platform.SuiteCommerce makes your business flexible and agile so that it can adapt seamlessly to changing needs of the customers and markets.
Take your ecommerce business to greater heights with SuiteCommerce, by making it more responsive to customers, more financially efficient and more adaptable to a global market.